Friday, August 29, 2008

THAT FIRE IN MY HEART

by Stan C. Countz

Light that fire in my heart again
It’s now a slowly burning ember
I can’t pretend to remember when
I last felt that fire within

I remember when
You were reelin’ me in
Stealin’ my heart
And playin’ to win

Remember that feelin’
You once felt within?
I wanna feel that fire
Of desire once again

Remember that feelin’?
Like you just don’t care
Like dancin’ on the ceilin’
Or like walkin’ on air

You know you’re never
Closer to healin’
Than when you’re
kneelin’ In prayer

Your love brought me back
From the brink of despair
It’s a fact; don’t laugh
Your love brought me there

It took me higher than I’d ever been
It lit that fire in my heart once again
It’s now a slowly burning ember
But I can still remember when
I felt the start of that fire within

No comments: